In line with Chantal’s recent post about where to get protein, this recipe offers a solid amount to help you get your day started on the right foot. By combining peanut butter and hulled hemp seeds, you can take your granola to the next level.
Our Peanut Butter Hemp Granola makes the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert. The recipe contains at least a whopping 113 grams of protein (10 grams per 1/4 cup serving) and can be customized to suit your tastes. I love adding dried cranberries for my breakfast batch and chocolate chips when I am craving something sweet. Serve with coconut or almond yogurt, or – my personal favourite – a splash of almond milk. Dress it up with some fresh berries or banana slices et voilà; you have yourself a complete breakfast that will leave you feeling satisfied for longer.
Healthy, homemade and protein-packed all in one bowl of deliciousness. What better way to start your day!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
1/2 c natural creamy peanut butter
1/4 c coconut oil
1/3 c maple syrup
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 c gluten-free rolled oats
1/2-3/4 c hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir rolled oats and hemp seeds together.
- Then in a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir continuously until the ingredients have blended into a smooth mixture.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into rolled oats and stir until all the oats have been coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour mixture evenly over tray.
- Baking for 15 minutes. Stir and then bake for another 15 minutes.