The sun is shining and the weather is sweet! And with that burst of sun and heat, our tastebuds have been craving a fiesta of flavours. This Black Bean Avocado Salad with Zesty Lime Dressing is a perfect summer dish: light, easy to make, and bursting with flavours.
I love to make it ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge so that the vegetables and beans absorb the flavours. This salad makes a great lunch or serves as a perfect side dish to a variety of Mexican inspired recipes – think quesadillas and queso dip. Yum!
Hope you’re hungry. This one’s a keeper!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour +
1 540 ml can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
2 green onion, chopped
1 tsp jalapeño pepper (optional), minced
1 avocado, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 limes, juiced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Rinse and drain black beans. Chop all vegetables except avocado.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Make dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to a cup or jar and whisking vigorously until emulsified.
- Add dressing to salad and stir.
- Chill for at least an hour (even prepare the day ahead).
- Add avocado just before serving and garnish with a squeeze of lime and fresh cilantro.