We’ve been taking a bit of downtime and haven’t been posting as much as of late – but we’re happy to be back this week with a new recipe to share!
Healthy… Moist… delicious… are the words I would use to best describe our Chocolate Chip Zucchini Mini Muffins… chock-full of cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips and Zucchini (of course!)
Zucchini blends very well into a variety of bakes good and adds nice moist texture to low fat recipes. My vegan kiddos love their veggies but I’m still always looking for new ways to add even more to their diet – because there’s no such thing as too many veggies! So eat up!
Makes: 24 mini muffins
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 30 mins
2 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup whole grain flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 soy milk
4 small Zucchinis, grated
2 Tbsp Chia seeds
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup mini vegan chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, soy milk, chia seeds, and vanilla extract, mix on medium-high to combine well.
- Add in the oats, flour, baking powder, and sea salt, mix on medium-low until fully combined.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand, and add in the grated zucchini, mix by hand to combine.
- Add in the cranberries, raisins and chocolate chips, mix by hand to combine.
- Divide the muffin batter in greased (or lined) mini muffin tins – you can also use regular muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes – until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool on a cooling rack before serving or storing.
These muffins keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days (or possibly more- but then never last that long in our house!)