Summer is officially here and this got me thinking about (and craving) fresh veggies, fruit, and (of course) salads. Our Red Summer Salad delivers on all of these – Think earthy beets, sweet watermelon and grapes tossed in a zesty lime and mint dressing.
Bursting with nutrients and flavour, you could easily build a meal around this salad by adding a dollop of fresh cashew cheese, or a side of BBQ grilled tofu. This is how we like to eat – simple, fresh, and plant-based!
Serve this dish along side your summer favourites this Canada Day weekend (or July 4th for our readers State side)
Serves: 4 – 6
Prep time: 10 mins
Chill time: 1 hour (or more)
4 large beets, boiled, peeled, and diced
1 cup diced watermelon
1 cup red grapes, halved
1 lime, juiced
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp Herbamare sea salt blend
1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the diced beets, watermelon, and grapes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and Herbamare sea salt blend.
- Dress the red salad mix with the dress, and toss well to combine.
- Add in the chopped mint and pumpkin seeds, toss again to combine
- Option to add fresh black pepper
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour, or until ready to serve.