You’re probably thinking: Not another pancake recipe! True we’ve been on a bit of a breakfast kick, but with young children at home, having something that is quick and easy and healthy in the morning is essential to your survival. Which brings us here… To these delicious Almond Flour Pancakes that take only 5 minutes to whip up and another 5 to cook. They are everything a pancake should be: light, fluffy, sweet but not too sweet. Oh and they are gluten-free for anyone with gluten sensitivity or an allergy. Have them as is or add in blueberries, raspberries or applesauce and cinnamon for some variety. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
1 c almond flour
1 c gluten-free flour
2 Tbsp ground flax (optional)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 c almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
1/8 c oil (coconut, olive, vegetable)
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Measure dry ingredients and mix together in a bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients and whisk vigorously until all ingredients are blended.
- Over low heat, add about one generous teaspoon of coconut oil to a skillet.
- Pour batter in (each pancake about 4 inches in diameter), cook until lightly browned on each side.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit or freeze for simple re-heating later in the week.