These delightfully healthy treats are based on a recipe of a friend and colleague who shares her creations and experiments with me. Thank you Kim Tulloch for sharing and inspiring me with your ideas.
Simple, wholesome, gluten-free, Paléo and vegan, these Coconut Flour Carrot Cookies are a great breakfast option or healthy snack on the go for all kinds of eaters. The combination of coconut, carrot and cranberry will make your tastebuds sing!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 14 minutes
1/2 c apple sauce
1/2 c maple syrup
2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp of ground flax mixed with 6 Tbsp water)
1/8 c oil
2/3 c coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c grated carrot
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/4 c pumpkin seeds
1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ground flax and water and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix apples sauce, maple syrup, flax eggs, and oil.
- Mix coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir.
- Stir in carrot, cranberries, seed sand coconut.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking tray and bake for 14 minutes.