My husband, who would have never before eaten let alone enjoyed a bean salad, loved this simple yet flavourful recipe. Using fresh ingredients, our Quick and Easy White Bean Salad is a perfect dish for those hot summer days when you need something satisfying and refreshing. Best part is you can whip it together in under 10 minutes! It keeps very well so you can easily make it ahead of time and keep refrigerated until serving.
With a salsa like quality, this salad is a perfect accompaniment for Tostitos, tacos, burritos or quesadillas, and can easily be spiced up a knotch by adding some hot green peppers. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
2 large scallions minced
3 tomatoes diced
1/2 c fresh cilantro
1/2 can white kidney beans
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
1 very juicy lime (or two if needed)
- Mince the scallions and finely chop the fresh cilantro. Dice the tomatoes making sure to keep the juices.
- Drain and rinse the white beans.
- Add everything to a mixing bowl.
- Season with cumin, garlic powder, sea salt and lime juice.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.