Blueberries and almonds make a great flavour and health combination in our Almond Butter Blueberry Pancakes. The addition of nut butters to your pancakes (or waffles!) recipe is an easy and delicious way to add healthy fats, protein and fibre to your recipe, which helps boost the staying power – keeping you energized and satisfied all morning. The kids love these fresh off the pan, or reheated in the toasted for a quick breakfast on the go. Give them a try!
Makes: 10 pancakes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5-6 mins per pancake
2/3 cup non-dairy yoghurt (we used an almond-based blueberry yoghurt)
1/3 cup unsweetened almond butter
1/2 cup quick cooking oats (dry)
1/2 cup whole grain flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1/2 wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In your highspeed blender add the non-dairy yoghurt, almond butter, baking powder, vanilla extract, sea salt and blend on medium-high until smooth.
- Add to the mixture the oats and flour, ad blend on medium until well combined.
- Mix in the blueberries with a spatula.
- Portion out the pancakes on a lightly greased nonstick pan and cook over low-medium for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Make these in batches on the weekend and freeze for a quick mid-week breakfast – just pop a couple in the toaster to reheat!