For those who have been following our blog on the regular – you’ve surely noticed how much we love to use our blender . A high speed blender is such a versatile tool to have in the kitchen, and we use it daily to whip up everything from smoothies, soups, muffins, and these Vegan Maple Pecan Waffles!
This waffle batter recipe is low fuss – just throw all the ingredients into your blender jar and let the machine do the work! They cook up light and crispy with just the right hint of nutty flavour and maple sweetness.
Serves: 4 large waffles
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5-6 mins per waffle
2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c maple sugar flakes
1/2 c quick cooking oats (dry)
1/3 c almond or soy milk
1 c whole grain flour
1/3 c pecans
2 Tbsp whole flax seeds
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
- In your highspeed blender combine the applesauce, almond milk, maple sugar flakes, baking powder, flax, Cinnamon and sea salt. Blend until silky smooth.
- Add to the mix the oats, and pulse to combine.
- Add to the mix the flour 1/2 cup at a time while blending, mix well.
- Add in the Pecans and pulse only 2-3 times to combine (while still keeping the nuts chunky)
- Portion out the batter on a greased waffle iron heated to medium-high. Cook each waffle 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Serve with pure Maple syrup and Enjoy!
These waffles keep well in the freezer and can be heated up in the toaster for a quick breakfast.
My son loves to nosh on a quarter of a waffle as a mid morning snack – no syrup necessary!