Who doesn’t love dumplings? Steamed, fried and smothered in sauce!! These Easy Mushroom Dumplings are delicious and satisfy that dumpling craving. If you don’t have it, you will certainly develop it after eating these. A tasty blend of fungi brings all the natural flavour to this savoury treat. They are a perfect appetizer or meal along side a Lemongrass Soup. Enjoy!
1 c button mushrooms, diced
1 c shiitake, diced*
1 large portobello mushroom, diced gills removed
1/2 c scallions, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 package dumpling wrappers
- I have also used a blend of shitake and oyster mushrooms – equally delicious!
1 scallion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
2 tsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
A squeeze of Sriracha (optional)
- Prepare your mushrooms, zucchini (if using), scallions and garlic.
- Coat a skillet with a splash of olive oil or any other high-heat oil. Cook ingredients until softened. Toss with sesame oil after cooking.
- Separate individual wrappers and place about a tablespoon of mixture in the centre of the wrapper. Wet one edge of the wrapper and fold the opposite side over. Press down with your finger tips until it has sealed. Finish preparing all of the dumplings.
- Bring a small saucepan (with steamer) of water to a boil. Place a couple of large lettuce leaves on the steamer. Add 4-5 dumplings at a time making sure they do not overlap. Steam for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.