It’s Monday morning after a busy weekend. First question that comes to mind: What are we going to have for dinner? Well we have the answer. Our Easy Creamy Hummus Pasta is the perfect use-whatever-you-have-in-your-fridge meal. Best part is dinner will be on the table in under 30 minutes. We used portobello mushrooms and zucchini but you can easily change it up to suit your tastes (and your items on hand).
This healthy, satisfying dinner is kid-approved. So now that you have Monday night dinner solved you can move on to thinking about more important things… like Monday night dessert!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
4 scallions, chopped
1 large zucchini, quartered and chopped
2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
1/2 c hummus
1 c vegetable broth
1 tsp cornstarch in 2 Tbsp water
1/2 lemon (or more to taste)
Dash of sea salt
- Prepare the vegetables: mince garlic, wash and chop scallions, portobello mushrooms and zucchini.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, sauté scallions and garlic in about one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and zucchini. Sauté until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Boil water and prepare noodles according to directions.
- In the same skillet the vegetables were in, mix hummus, vegetable broth and cornstarch/water mixture. Bring to a slight boil then simmer until sauce thickens. Squeeze half a lemon (or more to taste) and add sea salt to taste.
- Add vegetables back into sauce. Drain noodles and toss in sauce. Serve immediately with fresh parsley.