Nothing like the perfect cookie recipe to kick off Mother’s Day weekend! Our Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside with just the right amount of coconut and vegan chocolate chunks to satisfy any sweet tooth – kids and grownups alike!
Ever since I came up with this recipe, my little man Leo has been asking for these on the regular… and I’m happy to oblige 😉
Makes: 12 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
1/3 c coconut oil
1/3 c brown sugar
1/3 c maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c warm water
1 c old fashion rolled oats
1/2 c whole grain flour
1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chunks (such as Enjoy Life)
Our little man Leo couldn’t wait to get his paws on these yummy cookies!
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and warm water. Mix well to combine thoroughly.
- To the same mixing bowl, add in the rolled oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well to combine thoroughly.
- Scrape down the side of the mixing bowl, and add in the shredded coconut. Mix well to combine thoroughly.
- Scrape down the side of the mixing bowl, add the chocolate chunks and mix gently to combine.
- Option: For a stiffer cookie dough and thicker cookie, refrigerate the dough for 1 hour before moving to the next step.
- Spoon out the cookie dough onto a greased or non stick cookie sheet. Be sure to space each cookie out as they tend to spread slightly as they bake.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Once done, allow the cookie to cool slightly on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.