Our Kind Quinoa Lentil Burgers are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside… the trick to achieving this in by dusting the outside of the patties with a mixture of seasoned bread crumbs and flour to form a fine crust that bakes up crispy in the oven.
Our patties are loaded with plant protein, fiber, and most importantly FLAVOUR! And lets not forget the kindest and compassion that you put forth each time you choose plant-based. A homemade, healthy burger you will enjoy and really feel good about!
Makes: 6 patties
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 c cooked quinoa (prepare a
1 398ml tin of lentils, drained
1 c vegetable broth
1/3 c nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red chilli flakes
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/8 c flour for dusting
- Place in you high powered blender the cooked quinoa, lentils, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, red chilli flakes, sea salt and half of the breadcrumbs.
- Pulse to blend, while scraping down the sides with a spatula every 10 seconds to ensure the mixture is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining breadcrumbs with the flour, and stir to combine.
- Form each patty by hand and lightly roll them in the breadcrumbs-flour dusting mixture.
- Place all patties on a non stick or lightly greased baking sheet and bake 7-8 minutes per side in an oven pre-heated to 425F.
Enjoy this bad boy along with your favourite toppings and condiments… we dressed ours with sautéed shiitake mushrooms, avocado, and vegan cheese… Delicious!