Spring is finally in the air. With the arrival of warm weather, the smoky scent of BBQ season has begun. And with those delicious burgers (portobello in our case) comes the need for fries. Russet potato – classic, sweet potato – essential, carrot – original! Why not try these delicious Carrot Fries? A refreshingly unique twist on the classic French fry that offers an extra dose of beta-carotene, fiber and vitamins A, C and K. Enjoy!
6 large carrots
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel and cut carrots into fries about 3 inches in length and 1/4 inch in width. Place in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the carrots and season with sea salt.
- Work oil and sea salt into carrots by tossing them in the bowl.
- Place on a baking tray. Try to avoid the carrots overlapping.
- Bake for 8 minutes then flip and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy with ketchup or vegan mayonnaise.