This silky, smooth soup will really hit the spot. Easy to whip together for a weeknight meal or a weekend lunch, this Creamy Celery Root Soup is creamy without the cream. Loaded with vegetables, the blend of sweet potatoes and celery root (or celeriac) provides a full bodied flavour. It may not be pretty, but celery root is loaded with vitamins C, K and B. It is also a great source of calcium and dietary fiber.
Add your favourite herbs and spices, and enjoy. It will warm you and nourish your body with its pure vegetable bliss.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
1 onion, diced
1 celery root, peeled and cubed
3 small russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
5 c vegetable broth
1/2 c almond/coconut milk or other non-dairy unsweetened milk
- Prepare the vegetables: dice onion, peel and cube celery root, potatoes and sweet potato.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Once the onions are tender and translucent, add other vegetables. Add broth.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender when pierced.
- Remove from heat and purée using a handheld blender.
- Pour in unsweetened coconut/almond milk. Purée once more to ensure a smooth texture. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.