This wildly simple and nutritious meal will satisfy that hankering for take-out while still keeping it healthy. Although typical green curries are made with eggplant, my daughter has an allergy which allowed me to explore alternatives.
Our Green Curry Veggies and Wild Rice dish is a great nut-free, gluten-free dinner option that is also kid-friendly. It is easy to customize to your dietary needs and tastes: Need protein? Add tofu, tempeh or edamame. Want more fiber and calcium? Throw in some broccoli or kale. Not a big fan of wild rice? Go for rice noodles, brown rice, or even barley. More spice? Add some garlic chilli sauce.
Have fun playing with all the combinations. The possibilities are endless.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes (excluding rice)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb ginger, minced
1 Tbsp turmeric
2 Tbsp green curry paste
4 scallions, finely chopped
1 large zucchini, quartered and chopped
1 c broccoli florets
1/2 c mushrooms, sliced
1 c spinach, chopped
1 can coconut milk
1 c uncooked wild rice
- In a small saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice and cook according to package directions.
- Prepare vegetables: Mince garlic and ginger, chop scallions, zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms and spinach.
- Place a small amount of coconut oil in a wok over medium-low heat. Add scallions, garlic and ginger. Then add turmeric and green curry paste.
- Sauté mushrooms and zucchini. Once the zucchini is starting to soften, add broccoli.
- Add coconut milk and simmer lightly until broccoli has softened to desired texture. Add spinach and turn off heat but leave the wok on the burner.
- Serve over rice with a drizzle of Sriracha. Enjoy!