This is a very special time of year for many of us. Whether you are celebrating Passover, Good Friday, Easter Monday or just the coming of spring, it is a time of reflection and renewal. After the long winter months, we can see the light and our spirits are lifted.
What better way to celebrate than with our One-Bowl Vegan Chocolate Cake. Light, fluffy and yet moist, this cake has the making of all the right things. Serve with a bit of coconut ice-cream and fresh fruit and you have yourself the perfect dessert. But watch out! It is highly addictive!
1 3/4 c coconut almond milk
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 c coconut palm sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 flax seed eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1/2 c cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of ground flax with 6 Tbsp of water and set aside until it congeals (about 5 minutes).
- Mix coconut/almond or any other plant-based milk with apple cider vinegar in a large mixing bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Then add coconut palm sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and flax eggs. Stir well.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt on top of the wet ingredients allowing all the dry ingredients to sit on top. Mix the dry ingredients gently together. Then, using a whisk, stir into the wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into two greased 8 inch round baking trays. Bake for about 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before decorating with icing and sprinkles!