TGIF y’all! Another week is done and the weekend bliss just around the corner. What better way to begin your you time than with our Melt-In-Your-Mouth Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. it is the perfect treat that you absolutely deserve.
Tasty, chewy, chocolatey, healthy chocolate chip cookies that will not disappoint. This one-bowl recipe makes for easy clean up. It is gluten-free, vegan and uses minimal amounts of ‘butter’ and sweeteners. What’s not to love!
Serves: 16 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1/4 cup vegan butter (room temperature)
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 flax egg
2 Tbsp coconut/almond milk
1 cup gluten-free flour
3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour (I use a high-powered blender to grind the oats)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Mix 1 Tbsp ground flax with 3 Tbsp of water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cream together vegan butter and coconut palm sugar.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, flax egg and coconut/almond milk. Use a whisk to whisk together ingredients and get rid of any clumping.
- Once thoroughly blended, add oat flour, gluten-free flower, baking soda and salt on top of the wet ingredients. Stir lightly to sift the dry ingredients together, then stir to incorporate dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Add chocolate chips. Refrigerate batter for 20-30 minutes.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake at 325 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before removing them from the cookie sheet.