We love granola; it’s a go-to breakfast or snack in our house. You can find endless variations of granola at the supermarket, which we love too, but to be honest, nothing beats homemade granola which has been thoughtfully prepared with wholesome ingredients, and slowly baked with love.
Our Orange Ginger Zing Granola is a delightful combination rolled oats, ginger, orange, and a of a variety of hearty and healthy nuts, seeds, and cranberries. The secret to getting those large granola clusters is to press the granola into parchment paper, and cook low and slow until crisp.
Serve a bowl of this along with your favourite nut milk, or add some to top off your smoothie bowls or dairy-free yoghurt.
Makes: 8 cups granola
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 30 mins
4 c rolles oats (gluten free if desired)
1/4 c hemp hearts
1/4 c coconut palm sugar
1/4 c black sesame seeds
1/4 c raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 c raw pecans
1/4 c dried cranberries
1 Tbsp crystallized ginger, finely chopped
zest of 1 orange
juice of 2 oranges
1/4 c maple syrip
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix to combine
- Juice the oranges, and add the orange juice to the dry ingredients, mix well
- Add the coconut oil and mix well to combine into the granola
- Add the maple syrup, and mix well to combine
- Place the granola mixture onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, press it well into the parchment paper
- Bake the granola for 30 mins, until the granola has dried out and is a nice golden colour. Watch carefully to not scorch the granola, you may need to reduce your oven’s temperature to 275F and bake a little longer. No need to toss the granola as it bakes.
- Allow the granola to cool completely before breaking it up into desired sized pieces – that’s the secret to getting those perfect granola clusters!
Enjoy as a snack on the go or as as breakfast with our Easy Vegan Cashew “Mylk” !