For the mornings you wake up and feel like a hearty and protein-packed breakfast, look no further than our Tofu Scramble Breakfast Bagel. The tofu is scrambled, just as you would an egg, to which we add some of our Vegan Creamy White Sauce and extra nutritional yeast to give the same taste and texture as a traditional egg scramble.
Toast your favourite bagel and build your breakfast sandwich with layers of your favourite topping… we particularly enjoy CHAO slices, avocado, and a little Sriracha sauce for a kick.
MmmmMmm, good morning!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
for the scramble:
- 1 block of medium-firm tofu
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1/2 c of our Vegan Creamy White Sauce (or vegan cream cheese of choice)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or other oil for cooking)
- Herbamare sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
For the sandwich:
- multi-grain bagel (check ingredients to ensure it’s plant-based)
- slice of vegan cheese (we love vegan CHAO slices)
- slices avocado
- optional: sliced tomato
- optional: vegenaise spread
- optional: any other toppings you like! 🙂
- With your hands, break up the block of tofu into crumbly pieces, place in a bowl.
- Add the nutritional yeast to the tofu and toss well.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the Vegan Creamy White Sauce (or vegan cream cheese of choice) to the pan and allow to warm, then mix in the crumbled tofu
- Cook the tofu for 5-10 minutes
- Season with Herbamare sea salt and pepper to taste, and set aside
- Toasts the bagels… time to build your sandwich!
We enjoy our breakfast bagel sandwiches served with fresh sweet potato home fries (as shown)