As a parent, you want to offer your child a nutritious breakfast that will sustain them until snack time. As an adult, you want to be able to enjoy your food while fuelling your body. Adding protein powder to healthy pancakes is a great way to do just that.
This recipe is spin-off of our 5-Minute Vegan Pancakes. Our Blueberry Vegan Protein Pancakes offers you and your family a satisfying breakfast option for weekdays or weekends. Blend all the ingredients in your blender for a quick, easy clean-up. These pancakes are lightly sweetened and bursting with blueberries. You’ll love every mouthful!
Serves: 8 pancakes (4 inches in diameter)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 c oat flour (or 3/4 oat flour + 3/4 gluten-free flour)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 c vanilla protein powder* or one scoop
Dash of sea salt
1 large banana
1 1/4 c coconut/almond milk
1/2 c fresh blueberries
- We used Organic Hemp Pro Fiber Vanilla which does have have stevia so it is not excessively sweet, and offers more pure fibers and fatty acids.
- Add oats to high-speed blender and pulse until oat flour is achieved. Add gluten-free flour (if using), baking powder, protein powder and sea salt, and pulse again.
- Add banana and coconut/almond milk and blend until batter is smooth. I like my batter thick but you can add additional non-dairy milk to reach the desired consistency.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil and pour in pancake batter to create pancakes 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook until lightly browned on either side. Serve with fresh fruit.