We recently discovered Patience Fruit & Co, a Quebec-based company and brand producing some extraordinary cranberry products; all organic, and all delicious. We especially like their new line of artisan snack blends, which bring together cranberries, berries, nuts, seeds and fun spices. We were inspired to include some of their delicious products into some of our vegan recipes… So we bring to you our Zesty Sunshine Oatmeal Muffins.
This recipe incorporates a whole bag of Patience Fruit & Co Zesty Sunshine Artisan Blend. This tart mix of cranberries, goldenberries, pumpkin seeds and Brazil nuts is brightened up with a pop of lemon zest… a perfect addition to your favourite muffin recipe.
Try ours, and let us know what you think!
Makes: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 130g bag of Patience Fruit & Co Zesty Sunshine Artisan Blend
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 c rolled oats
- 1 c whole grain flour
- 1/2 c coconut palm sugar
- 1.5 c dairy free milk (such as our Easy Vegan Cashew “Mylk”
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- In a blender, combine the bananas, coconut palm sugar, nut milk, vanilla extract, ground flaxseed, baking powder, and sea salt. Blend until perfectly smooth
- Transfer the liquid batter into a mixing bowl, and add the rolled oats, and mix to combine well.
- Add the flour, 1/2 c at a time, and mix until well combined
- Fold into the batter the entire 130g bag of Patience Fruit & Co Zesty Sunshine Artisan Blend
- Divide the batter evenly in a lightly greased muffin tin, and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25 minutes
- Once done, allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before transfering to a cooling rack
Enjoy as an on-the-go breakfast or as a nutritious snack!