Day 2 of our MUFFIN MANIA brings you a gluten-free muffin that is packed with vegetables! Our Vegan Zuchinni Carrot Muffins are a wholesome and hearty breakfast or snack. Loaded with zucchini and carrot, you can feel confident sending these in your child’s lunchbox or indulging on a few yourself. A healthy choice any day!
Serves: 10 large muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 large flax egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk (mixed with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar)
1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour (with xantham gum in the blend)
3/4 cup oat flour (made by grinding gluten-free rolled oats in high-powered blender)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of grated zucchini (squeeze out excess liquid)
1/2 cup of grated carrot
1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 2 Tbsp ground flax seed with 5 Tbsp of water and let sit for 5 minutes. Mix apple cider vinegar with coconut/almond milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the zucchini and carrots.
- In a mixing bowl, add vanilla, maple syrup, olive oil and almond milk. Then add flax egg and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Fold in the zucchini, carrots and raisins.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes. Remove from muffin tin and place on a cooling rack so that moisture doesn’t build up underneath. Enjoy!