We love one-pot meals, because they are quick and easy to prepare. Our Spicy & Meaty Vegan Chili, is simple to put together and let the warm and spicy flavours intensify over low heat until you’re ready to serve.
Yes, this is a 100% plant-based chili, but you would never guess, as it has all the robust qualities of a meat-based dish thanks to the goodness of kidney beans, black beans, and MATCH Meats Premium ground vegan meat.
Serve topped with some fresh avocado, guacamole, or vegan cheese, and enjoy!
Serves: 4 – 6
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
- 1 package of MATCH Meats ground plant-based meat (we used Italian Sausage variety) – Or you can use any other brand of ground plant-based meat alternative
- 1 398lm can of black beans
- 1 398ml can of red kidney beans
- 1 398ml can of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large red pepper, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c avocado oil or olive oil (for cooking)
- In a large dutch oven or stewing pot, heat the oil over medium-low, add the onions, crushed red pepper flakes, chipotle powder, garlic powder, cumin, sea salt, and chili powder, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the MATCH meat (or other ground plant-based “meat”), and continue cooking until browned.
- Add in the chopped carrots, red peppers, and continue cooking until they soften slightly.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, and add in the cherry tomatoes, tomato puree, vegetable broth, molasses, apple cider vinegar, and mix well to combine.
- Once the chili has increased in heat to a good simmer, add in the beans, and stir to combine.
- Cover the chili with a lid, and reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve garnished with fresh avocado, or your favourite vegan cheese!