Day 3 of HEARTY STEWS brings you a thicker, heartier version of pea soup making it more stewy rather soupy. Semantics aside, we can tell you our Peas in a Pot is awesome! Loaded with protein and fiber, this dish can really help cleanse the system. For added simplicity and ease, all you have to do is throw the ingredients into the crockpot and it will take care of the rest. This is a very basic template from which you can embellish and add your favourite spices. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery sticks, washed and diced
2 c split-peas, rinsed and picked through
7 c vegetable broth
- Prepare your vegetables: Peel and dice carrots, wash and dice celery sticks, dice onion and mince garlic. Place all vegetables in the crockpot.
- Rinse and pick through split-peas. Place in crockpot.
- Pour vegetable broth over ingredients and turn to high.
- Cook for 3 hours, or until peas have softened. Using a hand-hand blender pulse a couple of times until desired texture is achieved.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh parsley.