Chicken à la King was a classic dish we grew up eating so we wanted to include it in our week of HEARTY STEWS. Today we provide a plant-based version that captures the same warm, comforting flavours we remember. Our Vegan à la King is a great way to use up left over Vegan Creamy White Sauce to create a healthy dish both adults and children alike can really enjoy. Serve with our easy Vegan Blender Biscuits and you have a wholesome meal that will warm from the inside out.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 onion, diced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery sticks, washed and diced
1 scant c frozen peas
1/2 c water
3 c Vegan Creamy White Sauce
2 Tbsp sherry
- Prepare the vegetables: Peel and dice carrots, wash and dice celery sticks, dice onion.
- Coat a medium saucepan with olive oil. Sauté onions over medium-low heat until translucent.
- Add carrots and celery. Pour in water, increase heat to medium or medium-high in order to bring to a boil. Simmer until vegetables have softened. Add peas and simmer for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add Vegan Creamy White Sauce.
- Stir in sherry and heat the sauce through. Serve over biscuits and enjoy!