This morning we bring you a special little treat! These Vegan Blender Biscuits are to die for! Super easy, super fast and requiring very few ingredients, these biscuits are delicious. They make a perfect light breakfast or snack – smother a little jam and you’ll see what we mean – or work well as an accompaniment to a soup or stew. The best part is, you can make them in your blender! These are light, fluffy and melt-in-you-mouth good.
Serves: 12 biscuits
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 12-14 minutes
2 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp coconut palm sugar
6 Tbsp very cold vegan butter
1 c unsweetened coconut/almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and coconut palm sugar in a high-powered blender. Pulse until blended.
- Add vegan butter. Pulse several times for very short bursts until the flour/butter mixture looks crumbly.
- Add coconut/almond milk and pulse a few more times until dough begins to form.
- Remove dough and any other remaining bits from the blender and place on a lightly floured surface. Work the dough with your hands until it comes together. You don’t need to knead the dough, rather work it together and turn over several times on the lightly floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Then using a glass (diameter about 2 1/2 inches) cut the dough into circles.
- Place parchment paper on baking tray and line circular biscuits on the tray.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy with jam or use as a base for Vegan A La King.