The third day of EASY BAKES brings you a colourfully creative dish that is mouth-watering good. Our Cauliflower Carrot Bake with Apricot Glaze blends sweet apricots with Dijon and a splash of spice for the perfect palate pleaser. It takes very little time to prep so just let the oven do the work for you. Serve over wild rice and you have yourself a flavourful weeknight dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
1 large onion, sliced (or 2 smaller onions)
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
2/3 c dried apricots, chopped
2 c vegetable broth
2 tsp cornstarch mixed in 2 Tbsp of warm water
2 Tbsp Dijon
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp Sriracha (optional)
Crushed walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the vegetables: slice onion, chop cauliflower and apricots, and peel and slice carrot.
- Scatter the cauliflower, carrots and apricots in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Whisk together vegetable broth, cornstarch/water mixture, Dijon, maple syrup and Sriracha if using. Pour over the vegetables.
- Cover with aluminum and bake for about 30 minutes.
- During that time caramelize your onions. Coat your skillet with olive oil over medium to medium-high heat, depending on your stovetop. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally. Once onions have browned, reduce heat to low and continue cooking for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding extra oil if necessary.
- Remove the bake from the oven. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Once vegetables are tender, remove from the oven and stir in caramelized onions. Serve over wild rice, garnish with walnuts if desired and enjoy!