Our Mashed Tonatoes and Zucchini Pasta with Kale Hemp Pesto is a quick, simple dish that can help you and your kids eat more vegetables. Start to finish, it takes 15 minutes and you can enjoy a fuss-free meal with little clean-up. Serve over whole-wheat or quinoa pasta with some garlic bread and our Ultimate Caesar Salad and you are good to go!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
5 plum tomatoes, diced
1 large zucchini, diced
1 1/2 Tbsp capers with brine
2/3 c Kale Hemp Pesto (can also use another kind of pesto)
Pasta of choice (We’d recommend linguine)
- Wash and dice tomatoes and zucchini.
- Cook noodles according to packaging while you cook the vegetables.
- Over medium heat, add a generous tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet. Add zucchini and cook until slightly browned.
- Turn down the temperature to medium-low. In the same skillet, add the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes have broken apart. Help them along by mashing them with your wooden spoon. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the pesto to the skillet. Warm slightly and add capers.
- Drain noodles and toss the noodles in the skillet with the pesto until the noodles are coated.
- Serve the pesto pasta on plates and top with a generous amount of zucchini-tomato mixture. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.