Artichoke Portobello Linguine anyone? Yes please! This main dish is oh so simple but oh so delicious! All you need is a handful of ingredients and a blender et voila. You have yourself a smooth, creamy sauce that is completely free of butter, milk or flour. This is a perfect weeknight meal when time is of the essence for toddlers and adults alike.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
1 onion, diced
2 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced and chopped
1/2 c kale, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 small jar marinated artichokes
1/4 c fresh basil
3/4 c vegetable broth
1/4 c nutritional yeast
1. Prepare vegetables: Chop onion, mushrooms and kale.
2. Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook onions until they have softened and become translucent.
3. Add mushrooms. Cook for two to three minutes before adding the kale. Cook another couple of minutes until the mushrooms and kale have softened.
4. Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Cook noodles.
5. Make the sauce: Put the artichokes and their marinade, basil, vegetable broth and nutritional yeast in the blender. Blend until smooth.
6. Add the sauce to the skillet and stir in vegetables. Heat over low heat.
7. Drain the noodles and mix in to pasta sauce. Serve hot with warm crusty bread.