Most people wouldn’t pair the words light and risotto together, but we can tell you this risotto is exactly that. Bursting with flavour, creamy in texture and refreshingly minty, our Easy Peasy Lemon Mint Risotto is a perfect main dish.
Serves: 6 main
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
6 c vegetable broth
3/4 c white wine
3 garlic cloves minced
1 leek diced (mainly white parts)
2 c cauliflower chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 c frozen peas
1 3/4 c Arborio rice
Sea salt to taste
1/4 c nutritional yeast
1/2 c fresh mint finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 lemon squeezed
- Prepare your vegetables: Mince garlic, chop leek, cauliflower, and mint, zest the lemon.
- Heat broth in a pot and leave over low heat.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook leeks until they have started to soften. Add cauliflower and set aside.
- In a separate large pot or Dutch-oven, add the Arborio rice and stir continuously coating it with oil. Once the rice begins to look translucent (you may hear some popping sounds and that’s normal), add the wine. You can increase the heat to medium at this point. Add the leek and cauliflower mixture back into the pot with the rice.
- Once wine has been completely absorbed by the rice, add a ladle (about 1/2-3/4 cup) of broth. Stir continuously until the broth has been absorbed.
- Continue adding one ladle at a time to the risotto making sure the broth is absorbed before adding the next ladle. This process should take about 20 minutes until the rice is tender but still slightly firm.
- Towards the end of the cooking process (when you have a cup of broth left), stir in peas.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove from heat and stir in sea salt, nutritional yeast, lemon and mint.