The “Buddha Bowl” is trending big these days… and there’s no question as to why! There’s something so satisfying and beautiful about topping a big ‘ol bowl of sticky sushi rice with all your favourite plant-based toppings. Our Baked Tofu Buddha Bowl & Sauce is one of our favourite mains, and we’re so happy to be sharing this recipe with you. All the colours, textures, and tastes truly POP! Our special asian-inspired Buddha Sauce will take this bowl (or any bowl) to the next level. Try it and you’ll see!
- Mix together equal parts: sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, sweet red chili sauce
- Add to the marinade: splash of tamari (soy sauce), honey or maple syrup to taste.
- Mix the marinade ingredients well and add in the tofu, let marinate for an hour or longer.
- Heat oven to 400F, place tofu in a baking dish and bake while tossing the tofu every 10 minutes to ensure it’s well coated. Bake 20 mins, until golden brown and the marinade has caramelized.
SAUTEED MUSHROOMS: sautée sliced mushrooms in a splash of avocado oil, season with sea salt
SAUTEED CABBAGE & GINGER: cook chopped cabbage and thin slices of ginger in a bit of sesame oil, splash of rice wine vinegar, season with salt
8. OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: toss in your favourite veggies, such as steamed broccoli, edamame, or corn, as pictured.
6. BUDDHA SAUCE: Whisk together all ingredients. Feel free to adjust the amounts to taste… add more hot sauce if you like more spice, etc.
7. BUILD YOUR BOWL: Top sushi rice with all the delicious toppings outlined above, garnish with sesame seeds, picked ginger, lime wedge, and smother with buddha sauce.