Although the holidays have come and gone, this festive dish is a perfect fall or winter salad. Savoury roasted Brussels sprouts, sour cranberries and subtly sweet chestnuts create the perfect blend of flavours. You’re sure to enjoy the colourful presentation and textured ingredients this salad provides.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
3 c Brussels sprouts washed, trimmed and cut in half
1 c fresh cranberries washed
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 c chestnuts (cut an x on the top of each chestnut)
1/4 c olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp Dijon (or more to taste)
1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sea salt. Place on a baking tray.
- On a separate baking tray, place prepared chestnuts on one half of the tray. Put both trays in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss cranberries in 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Make dressing by whisking together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon and maple syrup in a small cup.
- After 10 minutes, remove the baking trays. Flip Brussels sprouts so that the other side can roast. Place cranberries on baking tray with the chestnuts making sure to keep them separate p. Put everything back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Remove the chestnuts from their casing and chop.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.