Cardamom, like ginger, is a natural digestive aid and detoxifier making this a perfect soup to kickstart your weekend. With their warming aromatic properties, cardamom and ginger bring this sweet potato soup to life, while the coconut milk gives it a silky smooth texture and satisfying richness. Serve this creamy soup with some crusty bread and you have yourself a wholesome meal.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
3 large sweet potatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic gloves, chopped
1 “thumb” sized piece of fresh ginger, chopped (or more if you love ginger)
1 Tbsp ground cardamom
4 cups vegetable broth
1 398ml can of coconut milk
2 Tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat avocado oil over medium heat.
- Cook chopped onion, garlic, and ginger until soft.
- Add in chopped sweet potato and continue cooking until slightly browned, then add ground cardamon, and continue cooking another 5 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable broth and let simmer until the sweet potatoes are fully tender, about another 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, and using a immersion blender, blend soup until smooth
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.