A twist on the classic minestrone, this sweet and savoury soup is sure to please! Packed with sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, and broccoli – all loaded with vitamin A and C – this soup will give your system a great natural boost. It is perfect for the whole family to enjoy on a cold January day.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 large clove of garlic
1 very large sweet potato (or 2 medium)
3 celery sticks
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup diced spinach
1 cup cooked lentils
5 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup tomato sauce or curs
- Prepare veggies – dice the onion and garlic; peel and chop sweet potatoes and carrots; chop celery, broccoli and spinach.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-low heat and sauté onions in a tablespoon of olive oil until translucent. Add garlic just before the onions are finished and cook for about a minute or two.
- Add all the vegetables (except spinach) and the vegetable broth and tomato sauce.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Let simmer for about 20 minutes (until vegetables have softened).
- Once the vegetables are cook, add cooked lentils and spinach.
- Allow five minutes to cool and serve!