Unlike most processed juices found on the shelves of the supermarket which are loaded with refined sugar, all-natural juices made at home are richer in vitamins and minerals. Beets provide a natural detoxification because of their phytonutrients so this is a perfect drink for post-holidays. They are also a good source of vitamin C, potassium and fiber. You simply cannot beat Uncle Matty’s nutrient rich beet juice!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 10+ minutes
3 small beets, tops and tails trimmed
1 apple cored
1 orange peeled
A generous handful of kale washed
A generous handful of parsley washed
3 Tbsp of Chia with 1/2 c of water soaked
1 Tbsp fresh turmeric (optional)
- Important to note that this recipe can easily be adapted to whatever ingredients you have on hand. Swiss chard can replace the kale, a pear can replace the apple etc.
- Mix Chia seeds with water and set aside.
- Wash and prepare fruits and vegetables.
- Pass fruits and vegetables through juicer (soft first on low then harder ones on high).
- Take the pulp and form balls slightly smaller than your fist. Place the balls back through the juicer (we recommend you do this twice).
- Stir juice and refrigerate until desired temperature is reached.
- Place spoonful of chia seeds at the bottom of your glass and pour juice on top. Stir and serve.