For our final day of our 5 Days of Holiday Balls we present you with a classic peanut-butter chocolate ball. Think Reese’s Pieces meets all natural goodness. Crunchy rice cereal, coconut, ground flaxseed and peanut-butter create a crisp interior which is rolled and dipped in chocolate then stuck in the freezer for a truly mouthwatering – but healthy – dessert ideal for any holiday party. Not a chocolate lover? No problem. This little ball can be served up without the chocolate and is equally (well almost) satisfying.
Serves: 20+ balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 30 minutes
1/2 c shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 c natural peanut-butter
1/4 c maple syrup
1/8 c ground flax seed
1 1/4 c gluten-free brown rice cereal
1 c Vegan chocolate chunks*
Splash of almond milk (2-3 tbsp)
*The amount of chocolate you will need depends on how many balls you have. Above is an estimate if you were to do the full batch. I always keep about half the batter to serve just as coconut peanut-butter balls.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter. STOP here if you’d like to have the coconut peanut-butter balls without chocolate as shown above or…
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat adding a splash of almond milk and stirring continuously.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Roll the balls in the melted chocolate until they are completely covered and place on the cookie sheet.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Let thaw 3-5 minutes before serving and enjoy!