Chocolate lovers, these balls are here for your pleasure! On day 4 of our 5 days of Holiday Balls, we bring you this truly decadent recipe that is not only simple to make with only 5 ingredients, but is guaranteed to WOW your guests and satisfy any sweet tooth this holiday season.
Makes: 24 individual balls
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
- 1 c natural peanut butter (smooth or chunky – your preference)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 c cocoa powder + more for dusting
- 1 tsp sea salt + more for dusting (we love Maldon sea salt flakes for dusting)
- optional: 2 Tbsp maple syrup (if you prefer a slightly sweeter ball)
- optional: maple sugar flakes as a secondary dusting option
- In a high powered blender, combine the bananas and Medjools, and blend into a paste
- Add the blended banana-Medjool mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add to the mixing bowl the peanut butter, cocoa powder, sea salt, and optional maple syrup. Mix on low-medium until well combined and the mixture has formed a thick paste.
- Using a teaspoon, portion out the mixture and roll lightly between your palms to form a ball, about 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
- For dusting, place the additional cocoa powder and sea salt flakes in a shallow dish, and roll each ball in it until well coated.
You can dust half the batch with cocoa powder, and the other half in maple sugar flakes. I like to add sea salt flakes to the dusting, as it gives a wonderful sweet+salty quality, and it looks beautiful too.