Day two of our 5 Days of Holiday Balls brings you this truly festive green and red ball. This ball boasts vibrant colours and textures. Tangy hints of lemon and cranberries compliment the sweet nutty crunch of pistachios to create this merry little treat.
Serves: 14 balls
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Chill time: 5-10 minutes
1/2 c shelled pistachios
1/2 lemon juiced (about 1/8 cup)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1-2 Tbsp coconut/almond milk
1 c oat flour (gluten-free if desired)
1/4 c dried cranberries (or more to taste)
- Add 1/2 c of pistachios to a high-speed blender and pulse several times until nuts have become tiny bits. Remove 1/4 c and set aside on a plate.
- Then add lemon juice and pulse again this time creating a smoother pistachio paste.
- Add maple syrup and coconut/almond milk. Pulse a few more times until all ingredients have blended into one another. Then add oats and pulse until blended into your batter. If it is too dry add another Tbsp of coconut/almond milk.
- Add cranberries and work into batter using a spoon or your hands.
- Roll out one-inch balls. Once each ball is formed roll over the crushed pistachios to create a crust.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes and serve.