Making shortbread cookies has become a family tradition during the holiday season. This year, I needed a recipe that was plant-based and gluten-free, but still tasted like Fleischmann’s® Shortbread Cookies. Success! No one can tell the difference between this modified version and the original. This is a quick, simple recipe with a festive touch.
Serves: 20 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1/2 c cornstarch
1/2 c icing sugar
1 1/4 c gluten-free flour blend
3/4 c vegan butter at room temperature
3/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cornstarch, sugar, and flour.
- Add vegan butter. Using your hands work vegan butter into dry ingredients until dough is formed. Resist the urge to add butter when you start this process. It will moisten as you work the dough.
- Add coconut and cranberries and mix into dough using your hands.
- Place the dough on lightly floured surface and roll into one inch balls (you can also roll out the dough and use cookie cutters).
- Place balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten using a fork – I like to use the palm of my hand. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Enjoy with a hot coffee or tea!