This soup is full of taste and will warm you from the inside out. The winning combo of curry, ginger and turmeric add a kick of spice while the coconut milk softens the flavour just enough that it can be served to children and adults alike. My three year old gobbled it down in no time!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 yellow onion
5 cups of carrots (about 5-6 large carrots)
1 Tbsp yellow curry
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1/2-1 tsp sea salt
6 cups of vegetable broth
1 can coconut milk
- Dice onion and peel and slice carrots.
- Add a generous tablespoon of olive oil to a pot over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Once onions are cooked, add curry, ginger and turmeric. Stir well. Then add sliced carrots and stir.
- Add vegetable broth and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Make sure carrots are soft which you can test by using a fork to poke them before removing from heat.
- Purée mixture using a handheld blender. Add coconut milk and blend once again. Finally, add sea salt and stir. Serve hot with toppings such as fresh cilantro or basil.