No oil, just the simple goodness of oats, nuts and seeds, raisins and a splash of maple syrup. This granola is a satisfying snack or a quick, healthy breakfast for those busy Monday mornings. It also makes a perfect holiday gift that your children can help make.
Serves: 1 L mason jar
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
3 cups of gluten-free or regular rolled oats*
1 cup of mixed seeds and nuts (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews)
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp of maple syrup
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp of cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
*You can use either rolled oats or cooking oats, but it will yield different results. Quick cooking oats will cluster together slightly more whereas rolled oats will be heartier.
**I love other additions to vary my granola from week to week. Hemp hearts, shredded coconut or craisins are some ideas.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Add oats and seeds/nuts to a large bowl. Add sea salt and cinnamon and stir.
- Add maple syrup and mix altogether. Spread out mixture over the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes making sure to stir every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before adding the raisins.
We enjoy this granola as part of a complete breakfast served with our Easy Vegan Cashew “Mylk” – give it a try and let us know what you think in the below comment section!