Searching for a warm, comforting meal that is packed with nutrition and fits your plant-based diet? Look no further. This hearty meal uses turmeric and yellow curry for additional flavour and health benefits. High in fiber and rich in vitamins, your body will be thanking you after this meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
2 clove of garlic – minced
1 1/2 Tbsp yellow curry
1 tsp turmeric
2 small sweet potatoes
1/2 a head of cauliflower
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz)
1/2 can chickpeas (or more to taste)
1 can coconut milk
1 cup quinoa
1 cup fresh spinach – chopped
- Prepare the veggies: mince the garlic, dice the onion, peel and cube the sweet potatoes, chop the spinach and cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Throw diced onion into a pot with a drizzle of olive oil or coconut oil. Cook on medium-low for about 3-5 minutes. When the onions are close to done (they should be translucent and tender), add garlic, curry and turmeric. Stir until the fragrant (about 30 seconds-1 minute).
- Add sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Stir to coat with the spices.
- Add diced tomatoes, coconut milk and sea salt. Increase the heat to medium high until it has reached a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally so that it won’t burn on the bottom.
- After 15 minutes, add quinoa and drained chickpeas and cook simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Check that potatoes have softened before removing from heat. Add spinach. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with homemade vegan naan (as shown).