Satisfyingly sweet and simple, this delicious recipe – gluten-free and vegan – will please any crowd at any age. Perfect for a potluck with friends or birthday party for the kids, these tasty treats are so versatile and oh so yummy!
Serves: 16 squares
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 15 minutes
2 cups gluten-free rice cereal
1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 c + 2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup vegan friendly chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together rice cereal, oats and ground flax seed.
- On medium heat, mix peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in a saucepan. Stirring continuously, bring the mixture to a boil for a minute or two.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir.
- Add chocolate chips. Then place batter in pan and push down firmly using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and enjoy!